Applying to SickKids
If you and your child are not permanent residents of Canada, you may be eligible for treatment at SickKids. For a detailed list of eligibility criteria to be considered as an international patient, please click here.
All families of international patients who want treatment at SickKids for their child are required to complete an application form. The form must be completed in English and in full. There are two sections that need to be completed within the application, as follows:
- Sections A-F must be completed by the child's parents or legal guardian, including signatures.
- Sections G-K must be completed by the child's doctor, and must also include:
- A complete medical history,
- Current medical notes (completed within the last six months),
- Copies of your child's recent laboratory and other test results, including imaging CDs,
- A copy of the moving echocardiogram (ECHO) for review, if your child has a heart condition requiring possible treatment at SickKids
Please click here to access the required application form (Disclaimer: Please note that email may be intercepted between the sender and teh receiver and is therefore neither secure nor confidential. Your continued use of email communication confirms you accept this risk).
The SickKids medical team may request additional medical information to help determine whether your child is eligible for treatment at SickKids.
All medical information forwarded to SickKids must be translated into English by a medical translator. Applications with documents that are in a language other than English, or that have not been translated by a medical translator, will not be reviewed by the SickKids expert team.
If the application is not complete, we will notify you or your child's doctor and request the missing information. Incomplete application forms will not be reviewed by the SickKids' medical team until all the required information is received.
If the missing information is not provided to the International Patient Program office within eight to 12 weeks, the application will be considered inactive and no treatment will be offered at SickKids.
Please forward your completed application to the International Patient Program: