TrialNet - Type 1 Diabetes Research
A Pathway to Prevention
TrialNet is screening relatives of people with type 1 diabetes to find out if these family members are at risk for developing diabetes.
If you are a sibling, children or parent of someone with type 1 diabetes who is 1 to 45 years of age or a cousin, uncle or aunt or grandchild who are 1 to 20 years, you may be screened.
What it will be required?
A simple blood test.
You will learn the results of your first blood test in 4-6 weeks.
If you learn you are at risk for developing type 1 diabetes, additional tests will be offered to estimate your chances of developing type 1 diabetes.
Study of Delay/Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes
TrialNet is studying whether oral insulin (insulin taken by mouth, not injection) helps to delay or prevent type 1 diabetes.
To arrange an appointment contact:
- Toll Free Number: 1-866-699-1899
- Rachel Steger at 416-813-7654 ext 2634 *** Please note that as of March 23rd 2013 new phone extension will be 202634
For more information visit the Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet site at http://www.DiabetesTrialNet.org.
Upcoming TrialNet Screening Events
Location: Headwaters Hospital - 100 Rolling Hills Dr.
Diabetes Management Program
Date & Time: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 from 3 - 7:30 p.m.
Location: Mississauga Hospital (previously Trillium)
100 Queensway West
Ped Diabetes Centre, Main Floor, Family Care Centre
Time: Monday, May 13, 2013 from 3 -7:30 p.m.
Location: Charles H Best Diabetes Centre
360 Columbus Road East, Brooklin (North Whitby)
Date & Time: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 from 3 -7:30 p.m.
Location: Grand River Hospital
Adult Diabetes Management Program
40 Green Street, Kitchener, ON, N2G 1G3
Date & Time: Wednesday, June 5, 2013 from 2:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Location: JDRF Telus Walk to Cure Diabetes
(Toronto & Peel)
Date & Time: Sunday, June 9, 2013 from 9 – 2:00 p.m.
Screening events not yet booked – please call for more information:
- Trillium Health Centre – Mississauga
- Markham Souffville Hospital
- Grand River Hospital – Kitchener
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital
- Windsor Regional Hospital
- Brantford General Hospital
- Soldier’s Memorial Hospital – Orillia
- Guelph General Hospital
- Peterborough General Hospital
- Niagara Health Centre – St. Catharines
- William Osler Health Centre – Brampton
- Quinte Health Care - Belleville
TRIALNET IS SPONSORED BY: