Aria cell sorters overview
BD FACSAria II is a benchtop sorter with digital electronics and a fixed-alignment cuvette flow cell that can detect up to 13 colours, for a total of 15 parameters.
The facility houses four Aria sorters in room 2-203. Two of the Aria sorters (Aria II SC and Aria III CFI) are located in a biosafety cabinet for sorting of human samples and other biohazardous samples. See Biosafety Policies for biosafety requirements for sorting.
- Two-way sorting into microtubes, 12 x 75 mm, and 15 mL tubes
- Four-way sorting into microtubes and 12 x 75 mm tubes
- One-way sorting (including single cell) onto slides and into 6, 24, 48, 96, and 384-well plates and terisaki plates
Sample Input sizes
- Microtubes, 12 x 75-mm, and 15-mL tubes
- cooling or warming for collection tubes and sort sample
Nozzles (nozzle should be 4-5 times the cell size)
- 70, 85, 100, and 130 µm
For more information about each instrument, see links below.