Cecil Hahn, MD, MPH, FRCPC
The Hospital for Sick Children
Senior Associate Scientist
Neurosciences & Mental Health
University of Toronto
Department of Paediatrics (Neurology)
Dr. Cecil Hahn joined the Division of Neurology at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) as a Clinician-Investigator in 2006, with expertise in paediatric epilepsy and neurocritical care. Hahn directs the SickKids ICU continuous EEG monitoring program, and has led the implementation of clinical guidelines for EEG monitoring in the neonatal, paediatric and cardiac intensive care units.
Clinical Care Activities
- Neurocritical Care
- Continuous EEG Monitoring in Intensive Care Units
Hahn is principal investigator of a multi-centre prospective study of seizures among comatose critically ill children, with goals to measure the prevalence of seizures, characterize patients at risk for seizures, and measure the impact of these seizures on functional and neuropsychological outcomes.
His research group also continues to investigate the utility of quantitative EEG trending displays to assist with seizure identification among critically ill infants and children.
In addition, Hahn has a leadership role in an international research consortium on critical care EEG monitoring, through which he and his group are contributing to several collaborative multi-center studies.
- Nonconvulsive seizures among critically ill children: Focus on Neuropsychological Outcomes. PI: Hahn CD. Co-investigators: Hutchison JS, Snead OC, Parshuram CS. Collaborators: Otsubo H, Dennis M. The Physicians’ Services Incorporated Foundation
- Nonconvulsive seizures among critically ill children. PI: Hahn CD. Co-investigators: Hutchison JS, Snead OC, Parshuram CS. Collaborator: Otsubo H. Canadian Institutes of Health Research & SickKids Foundation - New Investigator Research Grant
- 2011 Fellow, American Clinical Neurophysiology Society
- 2007 Senior Fellow, Massey College, University of Toronto
- 2006 Duncan L. Gordon Fellowship, SickKids Foundation
- 2003 Harvard Associates in Canada Scholarship, Harvard University
- 2002 President's Prize, Canadian Association of Child Neurology
- 2002 William J. Logan Award of Excellence in Clinical Teaching, SickKids
See a full list of Dr. Cecil Hahn's publications on PubMed.