Miriam Kaufman , BSN, MD, FRCPC
The Hospital for Sick Children
Alternate e-mail: email@example.com
Miriam Kaufman BSN MD FRCPC is a paediatrician and public educator. She graduated from Duke University School of Nursing in 1976 and Queen’s University in 1980. Her first two years of paediatric residency were at McMaster and she then came to SickKids for a third year of residency and a fellowship in Adolescent Medicine. She joined the SickKids staff shortly thereafter.
Dr. Kaufman’s main clinical interest is with teens who have a chronic illness or disability. She works with these teens around issues of transition, coping, adherence, sexuality and reproduction, substance use and body image. Miriam has written books and articles for teens and their parents and speaks at schools, conferences and to the media frequently.
- Easy For You To Say: Q&A’s for Teens Living With Chronic Illness or Disability Key Porter Books
- Your Overweight Child: Promoting Fitness and Self-Esteem (with Teresa Pitman) HarperCollins Canada and Firefly Books
- Mothering Teens: Understanding the Adolescent Years Women’s Press
- Helping Your Teen Overcome Depression: A guide for parents Key Porter Books
- The Ultimate Guide to Sex and Disability Cleis Press