Armando Lorenzo , MD, FRCSC, ABU Board Certified
The Hospital for Sick Children
Child Health Evaluative Sciences
University of Toronto
Department of Surgery
Bloorview MacMillan Center
Alternate Contact: Matilde Ferreira
Alternate Phone: 416-813-6465
Alternate Fax: 416-813-6461
- Attended the University Of Panama School Of Medicine and earned his
Medical Degree in 1994.
- Completed Urology Residency at the University of Texas Southwestern
Medical School in 2004 in Dallas, Texas.
- From 2004 until 2006 was a fellow at The Hospital for Sick Children
for the Urology Division.
- Appointed as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at
the University of Toronto and joined the Division of Urology at The
Hospital for Sick Children in 2006.
- Received the American Urological Association Foundation Research
Scholarship Award in 2005 under the mentorship of Dr. Darius Bagli.
- Currently working towards completing a Master Degree in Clinical
Dr. Armando Lorenzo’s clinical practice focuses on all aspects of Pediatric Urology. He has a particular interest in surgical management end-stage renal disease/renal transplantation, laparoscopy and minimal invasive procedures, issues related to future fertility potential in children, and pediatric oncology.
- Pfizer Scholars in Urology Award
- Annual Charles J. Robson Research Day, Basic Science Research Project, Second Prize
- Family Advisory Committee Award
- Clinical research and outcome analysis
- Clinical epidemiology
- Research Activities on hypospadias and varicoceles in children
- Current Research Projects: Management of Wilms Tumour, Vesicoureteral Reflux, Hypospadias Repair, and use of botulinum toxin in bladder dysfunction
- Canadian Urological Association Scholarship Fund
- American Urological Association Foundation Research Scholarship Award
Snodgrass WT, Lorenzo AJ: Tubularized incised-plate urethroplast for proximal hypospadias. BJU Int. 2002: 89(1): pp 90-93.
Cook A, Lorenzo AJ, Salle JL, Bakhshi M, Cartwright LM, Bagli D, Farhat W, Khoury AE: Pediatric renal cell carcinoma: single institution 25-year case series and initial experience with partial nephrectomy. Journal of Urology 2006: 175 (4): pp 1456-60.
Lorenzo AJ, Karsli C, Halachmi S, Dolci M, Bissonette B, Farhat W: Hemodynamic cerebrovascular and respiratory effects of pediatric urological retroperitoneal laparoscopic surgery: A prospective study. Journal of Urology 2006: 175(4): pp 1461-5.
Lorenzo AJ, Barroso U, Pippi-Salle JL, Cook A, Grober E, Wallis MC, Bagli DJ, Khoury AE: What are the most powerful determinants endoscopic reflux correction? Multivariate analysis of a single institution experience over 6 years. Journal of Urology 2006: 176: pp 1851-1855.
Braga LH, Lorenzo AJ, Tatsuo ES, Silva IN, Pippi Salle JL: Prospective evaluation of feminizing genitoplasty using partial urogenital sinus mobilizationfor congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Journal of Urology 2006: 176(5): pp 2199-204
Lorenzo, AJ., Chait, PG., Wallis, MC., Raikhlin, A., Farhat, WA: Minimally invasive approach for the management of urinary and fecal incontinence in selected spina bifida patients. Urology 2007: 70 (3): pp 568-571.
Lorenzo, AJ., Wallis, C., Cook, A., Buffett-Fairen,A., Bozic, D., Bagli, SJ., Khoury, AE., Pippi Salle, JL: What is the Variability in Urodynamic Parameters with Position Change in Children? Analysis of a Prospectively Enrolled Cohort. The Journal of Urology 2007: 178(6): pp 2567-70.
Braga, LH., Lorenzo,AJ., Bagli, DJ., Khoury, AE., Pippi Salle, JL: Outcome analysis of isolated male epispadias: single center experience with 33 cases. Journal of Urology 2008: 179(3): pp 1107-12.
Braga, LH., Lorenzo, AJ., Bagli, DJ., Dave, S., Eeg, K., Farhat, WA.,Pippi Salle, JL., Khoury, AE: Ventral penile lengthening versus dorsal plication for severe ventral curvature in children with proximal hypospadias. Journal of Urology 2008: 180(4): pp 1743-47.
Dave, S., Lorenzo, AJ., Khoury, AE., Braga, LH., Skeldon, S., Suoub, M., Farhat, WA., Pippi Salle, JL., Bagli, DJ: Learning from the learning curve: Multivariable analysis of injected volume and other factors associated with successful endoscopic correction of vesicoureteric reflux using dextranomer/ hyaluronic acid copolymer. Journal of Urology 2008: 180(4): pp 1594-9.