To be the leading international paediatric centre in chronic pain prevention and management through: care, research, education, and establishing partnerships with children, adolescents, and families.
To prevent and minimize the physical, psychological, and social impact of chronic pain for all children, adolescents and their families by:
- Working collaboratively with families to provide the best possible care
- Providing safe and effective treatments that help manage pain
- Combining education and evidence-based research in our care
- Creating global awareness of the best treatments for paediatric chronic pain
Goals of Care
Support and empower children, teens, and families in the self-management of chronic pain by:
- Providing the tools and resources to hep reduce pain
- Helping to set and achieve realistic goals
- Working with community resources to minimize the impact of chronic pain on a patient's physical, psychological and social well-being
Values and Expectations
You are important to us and we remain committed to supporting you as a patient or family member. The Chronic Pain Clinic practices with the same values and expectations as the entire Hospital for Sick Children.
See more information on SickKids Values and Expectations.