Our Centre's Mission
To catalyze interdisciplinary interactions among clinicians, scientists and the public that will improve the health and well-being of children through the development and applications of genetic knowledge and technology.
Our Centre's Deliverables
- Improved patient care throughout SickKids
- Stronger clinical/translational research in genomic medicine
- Broader educational, outreach and commercialization activities in genetics
Translating genetic advances into health care...
- Implementation of new diagnostic and predictive tests at SickKids
- Development of novel prevention strategies for pre-symptomatic children and family members at risk to develop gene-associated diseases
- Enable the development of drug and cell-based therapies tailored to the individual's genome
- Integration of genomic medicine in the training of health professionals and scientists
- Influence future funding models and health policy development