What we do
Objectives of the Registry
- To determine the prevalence of the various inherited bone marrow failure syndromes in Canada.
- To characterize the phenotype (medical problems) of the various inherited bone marrow failure syndromes.
- To determine the age specific and annual incidence of severe aplastic anemia/myelodysplasia/acute leukemia/solid tumours in the patients and their relatives.
- To identify risk factors for the development of severe aplastic anemia/myelodysplasia/acute leukemia/solid tumours.
- To provide genetic and cellular testing to establish a diagnosis and correlation between the genotype (genetic defect) and the phenotype.
- To gather information on the use of various therapeutic modalities (e.g. transfusion, cytokines, androgens, hematopoietic stem cell transplantation).
- To create a blood and marrow sample bank for future research related to inherited marrow failure syndromes.