Working at SickKids
Are you looking for a meaningful career where you can make a difference? At SickKids we support staff as they grow through all stages of their careers.
Innovative work environment
We know our most important asset is our people. We depend on our staff members to creatively solve challenges and to help drive improvement across the entire organization. Through tools such as Wikidea, our idea management platform, and dedicated Innovation Funds for employees, we make sure your ideas are heard.
SickKids supports learning, education and training for all staff through several programs at the hospital. Through the Learning Institute, staff have access to many resources, including:
- financial support to attend conferences or complete degrees/diplomas/professional designations through the Staff Continuing Professional Development Fund
- online education via the Learning Management System
- simulation-enhanced education and
- Hospital Library and Archives resources
As well as helping staff achieve their personal and professional training and education goals, the Learning Institute supports all aspects of child health learning for patients, families, students, academic trainees and volunteers. It is involved in education provision, research, knowledge translation, sharing our expertise globally and serving as a learning network to champion the role of education within the child health-care system.
Interested in how SickKids values learning and education? Read about the Learning Institute.
In addition, SickKids supports leadership development through a variety of in-class programs, as well as coaching and mentoring initiatives offered through our Organizational Development Department and the Centre for Nursing.
Total Health and Benefits
As part of SickKids' approach to engaging, attracting and retaining the best possible employees and to continue as a leading health-care employer, SickKids offers a comprehensive benefits package as well as a variety of other programs. Our group benefit offers staff the opportunity to customize the level of coverage required to recognize individual needs.
- Health and other benefit plans
- Pension Plan
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Maternity and Parental Leave Top Up
- Workplace Flexibility Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Wellness Programs
- Group Home and Auto Plan
- Subsidized Parking and TTC Volume Incentive Pass Program
- Discounts on gym memberships, hotel and car rentals and entertainment