The Centre for Healthy Active Kids represents interdisciplinary and interprofessional activities, both internally at SickKids and within the broader community. These clinical and research activities span several divisions and disciplines and are relevant to all of the Research Institute Programs. The Centre for Healthy Active Kids provides a unifying forum to allow the diverse community that has formed to continue to grow and bring in new partners to this area of medicine and science.
The Centre has struck two committees: the Executive Committee, which is charged with managing the complexity and interdisciplinary nature of the centre; and the Advisory Committee, which will assist the Executive Committee to set strategic goals, monitor performance and quality metrics as well as represent the centre’s broader membership.
The Centre for Healthy Active Kids Executive Committee members include:” followed by the list of our Executive. Let’s take out the Advisory because we’re in the middle of confirming everyone’s participation.
- Dr. Jill Hamilton, Division of Endocrinology; Director, STOMP; Director, CHAK; Senior Associate Scientist, Translational Medicine
- Dr. Catherine Birken, Staff Paediatrician, Division of Paediatric Medicine; Associate Scientist, Child Health Evaluative Sciences
- Dr. Gabrielle Boulianne, Senior Scientist, Developmental & Stem Cell Biology; Associate Chief, Research Career Development, Research Institute; Director, Research Training Centre, Research Institute
- Dr. Brian McCrindle, Section Head, Epidemiology, Division of Cardiology; Senior Scientist, Child Health Evaluative Sciences
- Dr. Elizabeth Dettmer, Department of Psychology
- Dr. Deborah O’Connor, Associate Chief, Academic and Professional Practice, Clinical Dietetics; Senior Associate Scientist, Translational Medicine
- Melody Hicks, Department of Nursing; Director, Clinical Programs and Child Health Services
- Dr. Maria Mylopoulos, Scientist, Child Health and Evaluative Sciences; Education Researcher, Learning Institute
- Dr. Alene Toulany, Division of Adolescent Medicine