Below are some links to websites that may be useful to anyone interested in obtaining a cochlear implant. Please note that the Hospital for Sick Children assumes no responsibility for content posted on external sites.
- Cochlear Americas
- C.I. Circle
- For parents of hearing impaired children with cochlear implants and those researching cochlear implants for their children. Go this following page: Yahoo Groups CI Circle and click on "Join This Group". You will need a Yahoo account.
- VOICE For Hearing Impaired Children
- VOICE is a charitable organization that was established over 35 years ago by Toronto parents to provide emotional and technical support to families of hearing impaired children. VOICE maintains approximately 1000 members in 15 chapters within Ontario, Manitoba and Quebec.
- The Listen-up Web
- Information and resources on all aspects of hearing loss. Organized by a parent of a child with a cochlear implant.
- Infant Hearing Program
- The Ontario Government provides newborn hearing screening to babies born in Ontario. To find the office closest to you, click here.
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- AG Bell is an international organization and resource centre. This page lists the different kinds of communication options.