Warnings and precautions
After your child receives a cochlear implant, there are certain precautions that should be taken. The first section relates to the internal implant and the second section relates to the external speech processor.
The following precautions are to avoid damage to the internal implant, which could result in permanent damage to the cochlear implant.
Please contact our clinic nurse 416-813-6452 if your child is about to have ANY of the following:
- surgery (including dental surgery)
- major medical procedure
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Ionizing Radiation Therapy
For more information on these procedures, please refer to the "Warnings and Precautions" pamphlet that is located in your child's Document Pack (which you should have received at the same time you received your equipment).
Activities and Displays your child should avoid:
- Drop Zone at Canada's Wonderland
- Van de Graaf generators at the Ontario Science Centre (that big metal ball that generates over a million volts of static electricity!)
- Sky diving