Dentistry offers 2 one-year fellowship programs accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada:
- Paediatric Dentistry Craniofacial and Special Care Clinical Fellowship
- Orthodontic Craniofacial and Special Care Clinical Fellowship
The goals of the fellowship programs are:
- To provide additional training for graduate orthodontists an paediatric dentists that involves interdisciplinary clinical activities and interdisciplinary treatment planning.
- To familiarize these specialists with and train them to treat children with exceptional medical and dental needs.
- To provide a year of clinical investigation and study with the expectation of producing a publication.
This one-year fellowship accepts candidates who are graduate pediatric dentists. This is an internationally recognized and sought after program by graduate paediatric dentists.The fellowship has research, education and paediatric dental service components. The fellow will be exposed to and manage a wealth of medically complex and often unique patients. The combination of patient care and research will enhance the paediatric specialty training that the fellow brings to SickKids.
See Paediatric Dentistry Craniofacial and Special Care Clinical Fellowship for the application process and more.
This one-year fellowship accepts candidates who are graduate orthodontists. This is an internationally recognized and sought after program by graduate orthodontists from all over the world. The fellowship has both research and orthodontic service components. Orthodontists internationally have held this position.
Children with craniofacial anomalies that include cleft lip and palate are the prime focus of both the clinical and research components of this program. Children with special needs form a smaller component of the program that provides additional educational challenges for the Fellow.
See Orthodontic Craniofacial and Special Care Clinical Fellowship for the application process and more.