Diagnostic Imaging Information Services (DI/IS)
The Diagnostic Imaging Information Services Division was established in 1999 as our department moved from a film to a filmless environment. It is responsible for maintaining and enhancing all the major computer applications within Diagnostic Imaging. These applications include the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), the departmental Radiology Information System (RIS), Voice Recognition (VR), and all associated hardware and software.
CD Uploading Protocol
Physicians Only - After hours (Monday to Friday from 5:00pm to 7:00am and Weekends)
- Page the Atrium Technologist Pager - 416-232-7402.
- CD must be dropped off in Atrium Imaging-Reading Room (M648A)
- A request form must be filled out - forms are found next to drop off tray.
- Place form and CD in tray
- Urgent studies will be uploaded ASAP
- Search on PACS under “All Exams” by patient’s last name only (not by MRN)
- If you cannot find your patient please page 416-235-9178
- Next working day the study is merged to the MRN and CD will be destroyed.
- Only if urgent, Atrium Technologist pages the PACS on-call to have the study merged to the MRN as soon as CD is loaded.
Non Urgent Requests (Non-Physicians) - During and After hours
- Drop off CDs in the Film Library Rm 2112 (2nd floor Elm Wing Diagnostic Imaging)
- Fill out a form
- CD will be uploaded within 24hours or less
- Once confirmed that CD is on PACS, CD will be destroyed
Manager: Fatima Lima-Simao
Location 2nd Floor, Burton Wing