TrialNet - Type 1 Diabetes Research
A Pathway to Prevention
TrialNet is screening relatives of people with Type 1 diabetes to find out if these family members are at risk for developing diabetes.
You may be eligible for screening if you are 45 years of age or younger with a parent, sibling or child with Type 1 diabetes, or 20 years of age or younger with a niece, nephew, aunt, uncle, grandparent, cousin, half-brother or half-sister with Type 1 diabetes.
What is required?
A simple blood test. You will learn the results of your first blood test in four to six weeks.
If you learn you are at risk for developing Type 1 diabetes, additional tests will be offered to estimate your chances of developing Type 1 diabetes.
How can I learn more about screening?
Take a look at TrialNet’s new children’s book Be a Hero! and the TrialNet Informational Whiteboard Video below.
Be a Hero! Help Find a way to Prevent Diabetes with The Great Katie Kate(PDF format)
The book is written for younger children and parents interested in participating in TrialNet.
Prevention Studies for Type 1 Diabetes
We have a new prevention study that is testing whether abatacept can help to delay or prevent Type 1 diabetes.
TrialNet is studying whether oral insulin (insulin taken by mouth, not injection) helps to delay or prevent Type 1 diabetes.
The study is testing whether teplizumab can delay or prevent diabetes in those with a high risk of developing diabetes.
To arrange an appointment contact:
- Toll Free Number: 1-866-699-1899
- Bianca Perro at 416-813-7654 ext. 202635
Upcoming TrialNet Screening Events
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
To arrange an appointment contact the TrialNet Study Team at 1-866-699-1899 or email@example.com
TrialNet Canadian Affiliate Sites
- Calgary, AB – Alberta Children’s Hospital
- Edmonton, AB – Governors of the University of Alberta
- Vancouver, BC – BC Children’s Hospital
- Winnipeg, MB – University of Manitoba
- St. John’s, NFLD – Janeway Child Health & Rehabilitation Centre
- Halifax, NS – IWK Health Centre
- Hamilton, ON – Hamilton Health Sciences
- London, ON – University of Western Ontario
- Ottawa, ON – Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Ottawa, ON – The Ottawa Hospital, Riverside Campus
- Montreal, QC – Montreal Children’s Hospital
TRIALNET IS SPONSORED BY: