General Surgery Clinic FAQs
Q: Whom do I call?
A: There are many people involved in the care of your child, and sometimes it can be confusing as to who you should call.
- Patient Information Clerk (416) 813–7272 for clinic appointment bookings or rescheduling.
- Surgeon’s administrative assistant for surgery date/time questions.
- Clinic nurses (416) 813-7212 for medical concerns.
***We are not always able to answer the phones. Please leave a detailed message, spelling the first and last name of your child, date of birth, and a contact number you can be reached at. We will return your call within 24 to 48 hrs.
Q: What happens if I am late for my appointment?
A: If you are running late for your appointment, please call (416) 813-7272 to notify one of our staff members. They will offer you one of the following options:
- The clinician will see you at the end of their clinic.
- The clinician will require that the appointment be rescheduled to another date.
- If available, the clinician will fit you in.
Q: What happens if I cancel/rebook my appointment?
A: If you are unable to attend your appointment, please call (416) 813-7272 to notify one of our staff members. We ask that you provide at least 48 hrs advance notice in order to offer the opening to another patient. Due to the high volume of patients in the clinic, the rescheduled appointment may be several months from the original date.
All rebooked appointments will be based on the urgency of the appointment and the clinician’s availability. Please note, if you have missed your appointment/cancelled your appointment three times or more, you may be asked to get a new referral to be seen again