Immunodeficiency Clinic at Toronto General Hospital
585 University Avenue Toronto, Ontario
Monday to Friday
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Clinic Phone Number: (416) 340-5077
Visit the Toronto General HIV clinic website
Type of Clinic
Hospital Setting, Ambulatory Clinic
On-site clinic pharmacy
Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
On-site laboratory services.
To ensure processing of blood work these are the hours:
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 to 11 a.m.
Many partner organizations listed on their HIV clinic website.
The Immunodeficiency Clinic at Toronto General Hospital provides care to a wide variety of patients. Including adolescents new to adult care, they treat men, women, and families all living with HIV.
Travel costs are not reimbursed. If you need assistance with TTC travel costs, you are encouraged at speak with the Social Worker at Toronto General to consider different options.
A multidisciplinary staff including clerical staff, nurses, doctors, social workers and pharmacists. Dr. Irving Salit is the Director of the clinic. He is a specialist in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases. In addition to Dr. Salit, the Immunodeficiency clinic has an Assistant Director, Dr. Sharon Walmsley and 7 additional clinic doctors. Their names are listed on the staff page on the HIV clinic website.
The clinic staff provide a variety of services other than basic medical needs. These services are listed on the services page of the HIV clinic website..
How to Get There
Accessible by Transit: Yes.
How to get there by car:
- From the 401:
- Exit onto Avenue Road heading . Around Queens Park Avenue Road becomes University Avenue. Toronto General Hospital is located just south of College Street.
- From the Gardner Expressway:
- Exit on York Street and head north. York Street turns into University Avenue. Toronto General Hospital is located just north of Gerrard Street.
How to get there on the TTC:
- Take the subway along the University-line. Get off at Queen’s Park Station. Walking half a block south on University Avenue. The entrance to Toronto General Hospital is located on the east side of University Avenue just south of College Street.
- Or take the 506 Carlton Streetcar along College Street. get off at the University Avenue stop. Walk half a block south. The entrance to Toronto General Hospital is located on the east side of University Avenue just south of College Street.
How to get to the Clinic once you are at Toronto General:
Enter at the 585 University Avenue Entrance. Take the west elevators to the 13th floor. The clinic is the first entrance on the let, Rm 1300, North, Norman Urqhart Building.