Overview and mission statement
- Define the causes of IBD through state-of-the-art genetic and functional approaches.
- Develop personalized care for IBD patients based on better understanding of the genetic, immunologic, and microbial factors of IBD.
- Improve existing and emerging IBD therapies through collaboration with other specialties.
- Improve IBD clinical care in Canada and around the world through education and training.
- To advance world class IBD patient care by developing a multidisciplinary approach to treating patients and families with IBD.
- To advance our understanding of the causes of IBD through focused clinical, translational, and basic research.
- To develop infrastructure and funding sources that will compete with other paediatric IBD centres in North America, allowing us to become world leaders in IBD clinical care, research and education.