Founded in 1933 by Dr. William Keith, SickKids Neurosurgery is one of the oldest in North America. To the right is a photo of SickKids founder, Elizabeth McMaster, whose portrait hangs in the corridors today.
An article celebrating the history of our Division was published in the journal Neurosurgery as part of a series highlighting important neurosurgical institutions around the world.
See History of the Division of Neurosurgery at SickKids (pdf), featuring:
- Elizabeth McMaster and Maggie:
The History of the Hospital for Sick Children
- The Keith Years: The Birth of the Division of Neurosurgery
- History in the Making: The Era of "The 3 H's"
- The Next Generation: A Focus on the Surgeon - Scientist
- The Trainees: From Far and Wide