How to make a referral
- Only referrals from physicians will be accepted.
- How to make a referral
• Send your referral via ARMs, our on-line Ambulatory Referral Management System
Learn more about the ARMs system.
- All referrals for scoliosis must include a x-ray report indicating the Cobb angle measurement(s) of the curve(s). Children who have not had spinal x-rays should be sent for a 3 ft standing spine, AP and Lateral film. The x-ray report should be included with the referral. Degrees of curvature are required for the triage process.
- New fractures require immediate attention and should be directed to Emergency.
- Urgent referrals (e.g. malignant tumours, slipped capital femoral epiphysis) should be marked as URGENT. You may alert the clinic nurses of an urgent referral by phone 416-813-5007, or by pager 416-582-0797 from Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please ensure that families bring the hard copies of all x-rays and other imaging (e.g. MRI, bone scan, CT scan), and copies of lab results to their appointment.
- Referrals for minor variants of normal orthopaedic development (e.g. in-toeing, toe walking, out-toeing, genu valgum, genu varum) will be triaged and referred to satellite clinics.
Referrals to the Orthopaedic Clinic may be forwarded to:
The Hospital for Sick Children
555 University Avenue