- Fractures of the clavicle are the most common fractures of the shoulder in children, yet rarely require orthopedic follow-up or consultation
- AC separation and shoulder dislocations are primarily seen in adolescents involved in contact sports and with trauma
- Proximal humeral fractures are often Salter I and II fractures
- Transverse humeral fractures in young infants have a higher incidence of non-accidental trauma
- Fleisher, GR, & Ludwig, S, eds. Textbook of Paediatric Emergency Medicine. 4th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 2000.