Complex Care Program
The Complex Care Vision/Philosophy
- The Complex Care team strives to achieve excellence in care delivery and coordination for children with complex health needs.
What is Complex Care?
- A team of health-care consultants who specialize in the care of children with complex health needs. We work together with your primary care physician to link community and hospital care services.
- Children with complex health needs, also referred to as children with medical complexity include, but are not limited to children with:
- Multiple health concerns and needs
- Multiple services and specialists involved in care
- Multiple medications
- Often rely on medical technology (such as feeding tubes or oxygen) in day to day living
- Frequent visits to the emergency department or admission to hospital
- The team does not focus on one specific disease, but rather on the consequences of many.