Ng VL, Nicholas D, Dhawan A, Yazigi N, Ee L, Stormon M, Gilmour S, Schrieber R, Taylor R, Andreou P, Otley A, and the PeLTQL Study Group. Development and Validation of the PeLTQL: A Disease-Specific Quality of Life Measure for Pediatric Liver Transplant Recipients. Journal of Pediatrics 2014 Sept;165(3):547-555.
Nicholas D, Otley AR, Taylor R, Dhwan A, Gilmour S, Ng VL. Experiences and barriers to Health-Related Quality of Life following liver transplantation: A Qualitative Analysis of the Perspectives of Pediatric Patients and Their Parents. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes 2010 Dec; 8: 150-157.
Anthony S, Pollock Bar-Ziv S, Ng VL. Quality of Life After Pediatric Solid Organ Transplantation. PediatrClin North Am 2010;57(2):559-574.
Ng VL, Otley AR. Understanding Quality of Life for Children After Liver Transplantation: A Work in Progress. Liver Transplantation 2008;14(4):415-417.
Invited Talks and Oral Presentations
European Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition (ESPGHAN) 2013 Monothematic Conference on Pediatric Liver Transplantation - Hannover, Germany
Invited Talk: Health Related Quality of Children after Liver Transplantation (Dr. Vicky Ng)
Studies of Pediatric Liver Transplantation (SPLIT) 2013 Annual Meeting -Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Invited Talk: PeLTQL - A Disease-Specific HRQOL Tool for Pediatric Liver Transplant Recipients – Ready for Prime Time! (Dr. Vicky Ng)
32nd Annual Aspen Conference on Pediatric Gastrointestinal Disease 2010: Advances in Pediatric
Liver Disease and Liver Transplantation-Colorado, USA
Quality of Life after Liver Transplantation in Children (Dr. Vicky Ng)
University of Toronto 2012 Transplantation Institute Research Day – New Horizons in Transplantation 2012- St. Michael’s Hospital, Ontario Canada
PeLTQL: A Disease-Specific Health-Related Quality of Life for Pediatric Liver Transplant Recipients (Dr. Vicky Ng)
Key Publications on Liver Transplantation
Ng VL, Fecteau A, Shepherd R, Magee J, Bucuvalas J, Alonso E, McDiarmid S, Cohen G, Anand R; Studies of Pediatric Liver Transplantation Research Group. Outcomes of 5-year survivors of pediatric liver transplantation: report on 461 children from a north american multicenter registry. Pediatrics. 2008 Dec;122(6):e1128-35.
Bucuvalas JC, Alonso E, Magee JC, Talwalkar J, Hanto D, Doo E. Improving long-term outcomes after liver transplantation in children. Am J Transplant. 2008 Dec;8(12):2506-13.
Spada M, Riva S, Maggiore G, Cintorino D, Gridelli B. Pediatric liver transplantation. World J Gastroenterol. 2009 Feb 14;15(6):648-74.
Weissberg-Benchell J, Zielinski TE, Rodgers S, Greenley RN, Askenazi D, Goldstein SL, Fredericks EM, McDiarmid S, Williams L, Limbers CA, Tuzinkiewicz K,Lerret S, Alonso EM, Varni JW. Pediatric health-related quality of life: Feasibility, reliability and validity of the PedsQL transplant module. Am J Transplant. 2010 Jul;10(7):1677-85.
1. Rosenbaum PL. Measuring health-related quality of life in pediatric populations: conceptual issues. In: Spilker B, ed. Quality of Life and Pharmacoeconomics in Clinical Trials. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven; 1996:785-791.
2. Huxley P, Evans S. Quality of life routine outcomes measurement: lessons from experience in the USA and the UK.EpidemiolPsichiatr Soc. Jul-Sep 2002;11(3):192-197.
3. Limbers CA, Neighbors K, Martz K, et al. Health-related quality of life in pediatric liver transplant recipients compared with other chronic disease groups. Pediatric Transplant. May 2011;15(3):245-253.
4.Shemesh E. Assessment and management of psychosocial challenges in pediatric liver transplantation. Liver Transpl 2008;14:1229-36
5.Bucuvalas JC, Britto M, Krug S, Ryckman FC, Atherton H, Alonso MP,et al. Health-related quality of life in pediatric liver transplant recipients: a single-center study. Liver Transpl 2003;9:62-71
6. Bucuvalasa JC, Alonsob E, Mageec JC, Talwalkard J, Hantoe D, and Doo E. Improving Long-Term Outcomes After Liver Transplantation in Children—Meeting Report. American Journal of Transplantation. 2008; 8: 2506–2513
7. Weissberg-Benchell, J., Zielinski, T.E., Rodgers, S., Greenley, R.N., Askenazi, D., Goldstein, S.L., Fredericks, E.M., McDiarmid, S., Williams, L., Limbers, C.A., Tuzinkiewicz, K., Lerret, S., Alonso, E.M., & Varni, J.W. (2010). Pediatric health-related quality of life: Feasibility, reliability and validity of the PedsQL™ Transplant Module.American Journal of Transplantation, 10, 1677-1685
8. Ng VL, Nicholas D, Dhawan A, Yazigi N, Ee L, Stormon M, Gilmour S, Schrieber R, Taylor R, Andreou P, Otley A, and the PeLTQL Study Group. Development and Validation of the PeLTQL: A Disease-Specific Quality of Life Measure for Pediatric Liver Transplant Recipients. Journal of Pediatrics 2014 Sept;165(3):547-555.