What we do
The functions of the Pharmacy Department are to:
- work with the patient or the patient's guardian, and with other health professionals to design, implement, and monitor a therapeutic plan for each patient's drug therapy, that will provide specific therapeutic outcomes.
- identify, resolve, and prevent drug related problems.
- provide a safe, efficient drug distribution service.
formulate and manufacture paediatric dosage forms which are not commercially available.
- act as a drug information resource to health professionals involved in paediatric care, most especially those who are staff of The Hospital for Sick Children.
- provide counselling to patients and/or the patient's guardians on all aspects of drug treatment.
- provide education and training to pharmacy students, pharmacy technicians, graduate pharmacists, and to other interested health professionals.
- support and undertake research projects to increase the body of knowledge about drug use in children.