Family Centre at SickKids provides a range of resources and services for in- and outpatient families.
The Centre is the hub for family-centred care at SickKids.
Hours of Operation
- Open Monday to Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
- Closed weekends and holidays
- Appointments are not necessary
Health information resources for families inside the Family Centre
Staff and trained volunteers are available to help you find the following:
- Computer programs
Children's Library @ The Family Centre
The children’s library has many different books for children of all ages. It has books on tape, large print books, magazines, and books in different languages. It also has computers with CD-ROMS.
Storytime at the Children’s Library
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. or watch channel 40 in your child's room.
If you can't make it down to the Children's Library, book carts bring books to patients' rooms on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
Children's health information
There are also lots of resources and activities especially for your kids to use:
- Children's books on health issues
- DVDs to show kids how to stay healthy and safe
- Activity colouring sheets
You can talk to a trained volunteer during our centre hours or email us to:
- Order materials
- Arrange to speak with a Librarian
- Find out about parent support groups
- Have information mailed to your home
- Be referred to other information services
Family Centre The Hospital for Sick Children
555 University Avenue
Main floor, Room M200