Trainee Travel Award
The RTC Trainee Travel Award allows full-time trainees (graduate students and research fellows) to travel to events that will enhance their research training experience. Reimbursement of expenses may be awarded for the travel-related expenses of one of the following:
- Presenting their research at a national or international conference/workshop
- Attending a certification course for the purpose of learning a new research skill
The award can be used to cover conference registration fees, travel expenses (i.e. air, train, taxi, etc.), and accommodation costs.
The award does not cover meals, entertainment, poster material expenses or course tuition.
Annual value: Up to $1,000 CAD. Trainees can submit travel expenses from one event only and cannot combine receipts from different events to make up $1,000 CAD.
Award status: Active
Deadline: Six to eight (6 - 8) weeks post-travel. Late applications will be deemed ineligible.
- An applicant must be a full-time Research Fellow (CF0086) or Graduate Student (CF0088) engaged in research at The Hospital for Sick Children at the time of application, travel, and reimbursement of travel expenses.
- The trainee’s supervisor must hold an appointment as a Senior Scientist, Scientist, Senior Associate Scientist or Associate Scientist in the SickKids Research Institute.
- Only one trainee, per supervisor, per fiscal year (April 1, 2014 to March 31, 2015) can be awarded.
- Please note that travel support from the Research Institute should not be derived from two intramural funding sources for the same activity. Full disclosure of funding information and reimbursements is required for every submission, otherwise the application will not be processed.
Citizenship: Canadian; Permanent Resident; International; Non-Permanent Resident
Degree Level: M.Sc., PhD
Applicant Status: Continuing Students
- Please submit your application within one month following the completion of travel.
- The travel award will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For detailed application instructions download the Trainee Travel Award application form.