STOMP - SickKids Team Obesity Management Program
STOMP is a Weight Management Program focusing on healthy living, located at The Hospital for Sick Children. It is a two-year intensive program for teenagers with complex obesity aged 12-17.5 years. STOMP is a program that assesses 50 new patients each year.
We are also now accepting referrals for children living in the Greater Toronto Area aged six months to five years for our STOMP Early Years program, in collaboration with Toronto Public Health.
Our Goals are to:
- Improve your health and quality of life
- Improve coordination of your care
- Improve communication between care providers about your care
- Involve you and your family at all times
- Educate future care providers about how to care for other children with obesity
- Learn how to improve the health of children with obesity through research
How the Program Can Help You
STOMP uses treatments such as cognitive behavioural therapy, motivational interviewing and family therapy. These involve learning more about how your thoughts, feelings and behaviours are linked, as well as how to improve overall family functioning and to increase healthy living practices. Using these approaches, the program helps teens and their families make healthy choices that affect nutrition, physical activity and overall health.
How to Get Started
In order to make sure STOMP is right for you, we need to gather information about you.
Please have your family doctor or paediatrician send us a referral.
For all STOMP inquiries, please contact Christopher at 416-813-7654 ext. 228367
Appointment Cancellation Policy
To make sure you and your family received the best care and get the most out of the program, we ask that you:
- Give us a minimum of 48 hours notice to cancel/reschedule any appointment. This includes individual check-ins with our team, groups and special events.
- To cancel appointments, please do one of the following:
1. Call 416-813-7654 ext. 228367 and speak to our admin staff or leave a message
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org