Before arrival to Toronto and the Alan Brown Building:
- Respond to Property Management with official acceptance of apartment offer.
- Arrange deposit payment by draft or money order (purchased from a bank, post office or currency exchange office) in Canadian Dollars, made payable to 'Colliers International ITF SickKids Hospital' and send by signature mail or courier to Colliers International c/o Maureen Herman, 77 Elm Street, Suite 601, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1H4. Documents and payments must be received no later than 10 days prior to apartment assignment date. Any delay in occupancy is the financial responsibility of the new resident.
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED BEFORE OCCUPANCY - License Agreements (two): Sign, and have witnessed, (two) license agreements (two of the same). Send all documents electronically, or by courier to Colliers International, c/o Maureen Herman, 7 Elm Street, Suite 601, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1H4. Once both license agreements have been signed by a designated Colliers International representative, one agreement will be returned to the new resident (On or after arrival). All required documents must be received by Colliers International before occupancy or occupancy will be delayed until the documents are submitted. Any delay in occupancy is the financial responsibility of the new resident.
- Contact Property Management with exact date of arrival if later than the apartment assignment date so that arrangements can be made to collect apartment keys and information. You will be able to pick up your keys and information from the 24-hour Security Desk located in the south lobby of the Elizabeth McMaster Building - 88 Elm Street (directly across from 77 Elm Street), or at the Main Information Desk just inside SickKids Hospital, depending on the time. Be prepared to show identification.
- Contact Toronto Hydro-Electric (416-542-8000, Toronto Hydro Online Sign-up) to sign up for an electricity account in your name (you can request an interpreter if necessary). Administration fee(s) will be charged if sign up is not complete by the apartment assignment date.
- Arrange personal apartment services if you wish (phone, television, Internet) as long as the apartment resident previous to you has arranged for cancellation of their personal apartment services. The two largest providers of these services are Bell and Rogers.
- Book the moving elevator by contacting Property Management if you know the expected date of delivery for any boxes or furniture