Facebook Pixel Code
Children's Orthotics Clinic banner
The Children's Orthotics Clinic

Coverage

 Orthoses covered by the Assistive Devices Program (ADP)

Selected paediatric orthotics are covered in part by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care through the Assistive Devices Program (ADP). ADP pays for 75 per cent of orthoses covered by the program. Patients are responsible for paying the remaining 25 per cent. For a list of devices covered by ADP, please see the The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care website.

ADP coverage process:

1. Request an ADP application form from a doctor* if you are eligible to receive ADP coverage. Any physician can prescribe ADP-funded orthoses. 

2. Bring your signed ADP application form to your referring physician who will fill in the following: date, diagnosis, what they are prescribing and signature. Any medical physician can prescribe ADP funded orthoses.

3. Bring the completed form to our clinic

* If you do not have an ADP form, you can obtain one from our clinic and take it to your doctor to be filled out


Extended health insurance

Some extended health insurance plans may cover a portion of the 25 per cent not covered by ADP. Call your health plan provider for information. The clinic requires full payment up front and your insurance company will reimburse you directly if you are eligible.

Charitable Organizations

Some charitable organizations may cover a portion of the 25 per cent not covered by ADPif you do not have extended health insurance. It is the responsibility of the family to apply for assistance with charitable organizations.

Social Assistance

If you are receiving social assistance benefits under Ontario Works (OW), Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) or Assistance to Children with Severe Disabilities (ACSD), ADP may cover the total cost. If your child is a patient at SickKids, speak to your clinic nurse or social worker for more information. For patients not affiliated with SickKids, please speak to your health care professional. Proof of social assistance is required in the form of a monthly stub.