Facebook Pixel Code
Child and Youth Counsellors

Education and learning

Child and Youth Counsellors have a college diploma (Child and Youth Worker, or prior to 1987, Child Care Worker diploma, from an acredited college), with 1500 hours of field work.

Many have degrees in Child and Youth Care (Ryerson University, University of Victoria) or a CCW/CYW diploma with a degree in related fields (psychology, sociology, social work, family studies, etc.)

Some have advanced degrees in such studies as education, criminology, psychology, social work, child and youth administration, etc.

Links to some of the program descriptions: