Substance Abuse Day Treatment Program
CYC role with Substance Abuse Day Treatment Program:
- A day program for adolescents coping with issues related to substance use/abuse.
- Implements the “harm reduction” model of care for adolescents as individuals and within groups.
- Assistance with school program.
- Facilitate and co-facilitate therapeutic groups.
- Provides support to parents and caregivers of youth.
- Work with adolescent in a “primary worker” function to assist with development of treatment goals.
- Work with youth to acknowledge success and strategies to support their efforts as they transition to community.