BROCHURES & PAMPHLETS
SickKids Fertility Preservation Program (SFPP pamphlet, Sperm banking for young men (pdf), includes topics such as:
- Why do I have to decide right now?
- Where do I sperm bank?
- What happens at the sperm bank?
- What if my family can’t afford to pay for it?
- Will everyone know?
- If I can’t make babies can I still have sex?
- How does my stored sperm make babies?
- What happens to my sperm? What if I cannot produce a sample?
Fertile Future brochures - See Cancer and Fertility, a Guide for Young Adults – includes topics such as:
- Cancer and infertility
- Cancer treatments that can cause infertility
- Chemotherapy risks
- Surgical risks
- Premature ovarian failure
- Egg cryopreservation
- In Vitro maturation
- Ovarian Tissue cryopreservation
- Ovarian transposition
- Fertility preservation options for males
- Sperm cryopreservation, testicular shielding
- Fertility options for cancer survivors
Download the form Consent for Ovarian Biopsy for Fertility Preservation.pdf
- Mt. Sinai Hospital's Centre for Fertility and Reproductive Health
- Cancer Knowledge Network - Oncofertility Referral Network
- Power of Hope is a cost reduction program/funding agency – for more information see Patient resources at FertileFuture.ca
An Approach to Fertility Preservation in Prepubertal and Postpubertal Females, Knight et al., Pediatric Blood Cancer
Hendershot, E., Maloney, A., Fawcett, S., Sarvanantham, S., McMahon, E., Gupta, A., & Mitchell, L. (2016). Advanced practice nurses: Improving access to fertility preservation for oncology patients. Canadian Oncology Nursing Journal / Revue Canadienne De Soins Infirmiers En Oncologie, 26(1), 40-45.