- The classroom is a section 23 program with the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Students become students of the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) which partners with the local school board, the Toronto District School Board (TDSB).
- The classroom is located on the 5th floor of the Atrium at SickKids in room 5738.
- We run on a full year basis from September through June, accepting students in grades two to eight, but restricted to students in four consecutive grade levels in any given year.
- Eight children are enrolled in the classroom each year.
- Students spend 5 days per week in the classroom (Monday to Friday).
- Students arrive at the hospital's main entrance from 8:45 to 9 a.m. each day and are picked up at the same location at 2:30 p.m.
- Students eat lunch in Marnie's Lounge, a play area on the 4th floor of the Hospital.
- There is a protected play area outside which is always fully supervised by classroom staff.
- A teacher along with two classroom assistants instruct and oversee the children each day.
- A social worker and neuropsychologist provide services to the classroom each week.
- A developmental paediatrician provides an assessment for each student during the term.
- A neurologist, nurse practitioner, and psychiatrist are available for consultation on an as needed basis.
- The classroom staff works as a team with the student, the student's family, and the student's home school to better help each student with epilepsy.