Information for Clinicians
Are you referring a patient to SickKids? Under the Mental Health Access Program (MHAP) we have:
- Single point of access: One phone number (416-813-7005) and email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) for access to all services provided by The Department of Psychiatry at SickKids or for any questions you may have about making a referral.
- A unified enhanced referral form: When making referrals through eCHN/ARMS please look for the Complex Mental Health form under Psychiatry, to allow for the efficient triage of all referrals.
- Electronic questionnaires for families (and teachers) via a secure email link: A mechanism to speed up the intake process, necessary information and questionnaires from families/teachers can be completed using a protected electronic portal. Families/caregivers without access to a computer/internet will have the option to receive the questionnaires via standard mail
- Recommendations regarding alternate mental health services: If MHAP determines that your patient will be better served through engaging with another local community mental health service provider, recommendations will be provided to the families as well as to referring physicians.
- Collaborative care program/Pre-referral consultation offers referring physicians an opportunity to talk to a clinician within the department to determine if a referral is necessary and appropriate or whether consultation with one our clinicians may support them in providing care for the patient.
Families/caregivers will be encouraged to be active participants in their child’s journey by receiving updates from the MHAP on their progress through the wait list process and be provided with services/resources they can access while waiting.