Using the facility
Registration is a 2-step process:
- Complete the FMCF Biosafety Policies learning module. At the end of the module you will be required to submit your name and sign an acknowledgment statement.
- Submit registration form
Users from SickKids and UHN can register online.
Note: Once your registration form is submitted a verification email will be sent to you. After you have verified your registration, an email will be sent to your Principal Investigator (PI) who will need to approve your registration. Upon approval of your registration by the FMCF manager, you will be provided with a login name and password to access the Online Booking System, which will allow you to book cell sorting appointments. See the booking section for instructions. To use the analytical cytometers or the automated magnetic cell separator you must first be trained by FMCF staff. Visit the Instrument training section for more details.
Users from other institutions can register by completing the registration form and emailing it to
Registering for Mass Cytometry services
Starting January 3, users can use the new iLab Mass Cytometry system to book appointments online.
Existing mass cytometry users will be migrated into the system. New users will need to create an iLab account to access the system.
*Note: The new booking system only impacts mass cytometry services. Users still need to use the old booking system to access flow cytometry services.
How to book a mass cytometry service
- Follow the instructions above to register your laboratory with the Flow and Mass Cytometry Core facility
- Create an iLab account for Mass Cytometry
- Upon submission of your account request, the iLab team will verify your account, then send you an email with login information.
- Log in and request a service.
Contact if you have issues creating an iLab account.