The SickKids-UHN Flow Cytometry Facility at TMDT and PGCRL
This Flow Cytometry Facility (FCF) is jointly operated by SickKids and the University Health Network (UHN). We provide academic and corporate clients with access to several state-of-the-art analytical flow cytometers as well as high-speed cell sorting services. We also offer comprehensive training and education as well as expert consultation services to enable our users to utilize this technology to enhance the scope and quality of their research.
Note: for the most up-to-date information regarding instrument status see the "My Announcements" section of the online booking system.
We are upgrading our client training with online ExCyte training modules and resources. ExCyte is the world’s leading flow cytometry training resource. ExCyte training will replace the in-house theoretical flow cytometry training we provide our clients. Our ExCyte training program will allow users to obtain the high quality training they need on their own schedule. Moreover, ExCyte registration will include access to a large number of extra ExCyte flow cytometry resources to help clients plan and execute experiments productively and cost effectively.
For more information on how to register for ExCyte training please see Instrument Training
Upcoming changes to User Fees
Effective July 1, 2016, there will be changes to some of the user fees at the SickKids-UHN Flow Cytometry Core Facility to better reflect operating costs.
- Fees for the BD AriaFusion, Aria CFI and Beckman Coulter MoFlo Astrios will be increasing to $90/hour.
- Fees for unassisted use of the BD LSR instruments will be increasing to $40/hr.
- Assisted use of the Sony SH800 (previously unavailable) will now be available at $80/hour.
- The fee for unassisted use of the Sony SH800 ($35/hr) will now include the sorting chip.
- Training for the Sony SH800 will also be available at no charge.
A full list of changes will be posted in the fees section later in June