LSRII/Cantoll after hours QC check procedure
Those who use the LSRII/Cantoll after hours, for example those who finish running their samples after 6pm Monday to Friday or those who use the instrument on weekends/holidays, are required to perform the following QC Check procedure.
Before you start running your samples
- Under "Shared View" in the Browser, open the "AfterHoursQC" experiment.
- Create a new tube by clicking on the new tube icon and rename it with the date and your name. It should look like this: "yymmdd_BobSmithstart." Do not click "next tube" in the acquisition dashboard.
- Run SPHERO Rainbow Calibration particles (the tubes marked with a Blue line) and record 5000 events. Do not change the voltages.
This verifies that the instrument was functioning optimally at the beginning of your appointment.
At TMDT in Rm 2-504 beads are located in the white fridge beside the LSRII-OICR.
At PGCRL in Rm 18-9430 beads are located in white fridge.
After you have finished running your samples AND completed the cleaning procedure (do not leave the room!):
- Acquire the calibration particles again (steps 1-3) but create a new tube and rename it following this format: "yymmdd_BobSmithend."
- Run water for 5 minutes and shut down the instrument. Remember to return the calibration particles to the refrigerator.
- If you encounter a problem, leave a note outlining what happened and what actions you took to resolve the problem and print out the QC data.