FMCF Data Transfer policy and protocol
FMCF Data (either self-acquired or operator-acquired data) must be transferred through the Serrate network server. The use of USB keys is not permitted.
Transferring data to the server:
- At the end of your experiment export data to D://BDExportFCFusers.
Note: Data or experiments located on the D:// drive and also within the Diva Browser will be deleted every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month. Data placed in any other location will be deleted.
- Click on the WinSCP icon (W ) on the desktop
- Once the software is opened you will be required to enter the following information:
Username: your PI's last name plus first name initial
(dirksp for Peter Dirks; almanb for Ben Alman etc.)
Password: your lab login password used for the analytical cytometer computers.
If you don't know your password, please contact FCF staff.
- Once you are linked to the Serrate server, data can be transferred from the D: drive (left window) to the FILES folder on the Serrate server (right window).
Transferring data from the server to your lab computer:
- To access the server, all users (Sickkids/UHN/MSH/UofT) will need to download and install WinSCP (PC Windows) or FileZilla Client (Mac) software onto their lab computers (see links below). If you are not a member of these institutions and are unable connect to the server please contact Sherry to set up an account.
If you are from a UHN lab you will need to contact the RIS helpdesk by email or by phone (416-946-2321) in order to download this software. If you wish to install this software on a UHN lab laptop you can download the software yourself, however you will need to contact RIS to request access to Port 22 in order to connect to the server.
- Once the software is opened you will be required to enter the same information as in step 3 above.
- Once you are linked to the Serrate server, data can be transferred from the Serrate server (right window) to your computer (left window). After transferring the data to your computer you must delete this data from the network. Failure to do so may prevent new data from being transferred to the network (due to storage size restrictions). Data more than a month old will be deleted by FMCF staff on the 1st Monday of every month starting July 1st.
N.B. The serrate server can only be accessed through institutional computers, not from home, due to firewall protection.