22q Deletion Syndrome Clinic
- Join us on Sunday, June 11, 2017 for the Annual 22q at the Zoo Day which gives families, friends and professionals a chance to socialize, network and raise public awareness for the 22q11 deletion syndrome. Click here and register today! The deadline to register is Wednesday, May 24, 2017. Questions? Please contact us at 416-813-6389 or email email@example.com.
- The Conference Committee is very excited to be planning our 4th Annual 22q11.2 Family Conference. This year's event will have a focus on social skills at all points in life. Our key note speaker, Rick Lavoie, is well known for his work in the area of social skills and his book "It's so Much Work to Be Your Friend". Click here to view the flyer. The 2017 Draft Program and information on our speakers can be found on our website www.22qfamilies.org.
Christine MacDonald & Lorraine Sutherns
Our mission is to provide and promote coordinated, interdisciplinary care and support to children with 22q11 deletion syndrome and their families.
Our vision is to be internationally and nationally recognized as a centre of excellence for clinical care, research and community education with respect to the 22q11 deletion syndrome paediatric population.
- To provide coordinated, timely access to health care and community services for children with 22q11 deletion syndrome.
- To establish evidence-based clinical care guidelines for children with 22q11 deletion syndrome.
- To educate community health care providers about the needs and issues of the 22q11 deletion syndrome population.
- To identify adequate resources for individuals with 22q11 deletion syndrome transitioning to adulthood.
- To initiate and participate in clinical and laboratory research initiatives that will further our understanding and drive evidence based medical follow up interventions for this group of patients.
The 22q Deletion Syndrome Clinic welcomes donations to support its programs such as funding for psychological assessments and community education. Please click on the link below to be connected to SickKids Foundation Donation web page which is a secure site. Also, please indicate that the donation is toward the 22q DS Clinic in the "Additional Comment" box.