Research activities in the SickKids' Department of Paediatrics are led by the Associate Chair of Paediatrics (Research), Dr. Meredith Irwin and the Research Advisory Committee (RAC). Research by departmental members is performed within one of 12 disciplinary and interdisciplinary research programs within the Research Institute at The Hospital for Sick Children.
All department members who conduct research are cross-appointed to the Research Institute as either a Senior Scientist, Scientist, Senior Associate Scientist, Associate Scientist or Project Director.
Information on research activities in the Department of Paediatrics Divisions can be seen below.
- Adolescent Medicine
- Clinical and Metabolic Genetics
- Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Developmental Paediatrics
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Infectious Diseases (including Infection Prevention and Control Program)
- Paediatric Emergency Medicine
- Paediatric Medicine (including General Paediatrics, and the Section of Community Paediatricians)
- Respiratory Medicine
- SCAN (Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect)
Pediatric Consultants Educational Research Grants Guidelines and Application