Patients & Families
Our team's goal is to ensure your child receives the best care possible. SickKids' TRMC is at the forefront of transplant and intestinal rehabilitation care supported by a diverse team who provide a multidisciplinary approach to care.
Did you know...
- More than 200 physicians, researchers, and other health-care professionals at SickKids are associated with the Transplant and Regenerative Medicine Centre.
- 30 per cent of transplant patients at SickKids are less than two years old.
- SickKids has the largest paediatric liver transplant program in Canada and one of the largest in North America.
- The GIFT Program has nearly eliminated mortality from intestinal failure associated with liver disease.
- SickKids performed the first ABO-incompatible (mismatched blood type) heart and lung transplants in infants.
- Since the establishment of the Kidney Transplant Program, more than 800 kidney transplants have been performed.
Learn more about each program on our website.