Department of Paediatrics
Welcome to the Department of Paediatrics
SickKids is the largest children's hospital in Canada. Toronto, Canada's largest city is home to a multi-cultural and diverse population of close to 2.8 million people. As the only children's hospital in the GTA, SickKids sees over five million patients annually.
The Department of Paediatrics consists of multifaceted programs of national and international significance and supports the mission and goals of The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids). Our goal is to continuously evolve as one of the world's leading academic departments of paediatrics, focusing on excellence in clinical care, training of the next generation of paediatric health care professions, and the generation of new knowledge through cutting edge research and creative professional activities.
The Department of Paediatrics is made up of the following:
- Adolescent Medicine;
- Clinical and Metabolic Genetics;
- Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology;
- Developmental Paediatrics;
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition;
- Infectious Diseases (including Infection Prevention and Control Program);
- Paediatric Emergency Medicine;
- Paediatric Medicine (including General Paediatrics, and the Section of Community Paediatricians)
- Respiratory Medicine;
- SCAN (Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect)
We share the SickKids vision, Healthier Children, a Better World. Learn more about our Executive Team on our Who We Are page.
Dr. Ronald D. Cohn, M.D., FACMG
Professor and Chair, Paediatrician-in-Chief
Department of Paediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children
R.S McLaughlin Foundation Chair in Paediatrics