Title: Clinical Director, Division of Haematology/Oncology
Alternate Contact Name: Geraldine Correces
Alternate Phone: 416-813-7654 ext. 224638
Alternate Email: email@example.com
U of T Positions: Professor, Department of Paediatrics
Child Health Evaluative Sciences
Dr. Alexander joined the staff at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) in 2007. She is the Clinical Director of Haematology/Oncology and a Paediatric Oncologist in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Section.
Dr. Alexander received her medical degree from Harvard Medical School in 1994. She did her paediatric training at the Boston Children’s Hospital and her fellowship in Haematology and Oncology at Boston Children’s Hospital and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Her research interests include non-Hodgkin lymphoma and treatment-related toxicities.
Education and experience
- 1986–1990: B.Sc., McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
- 1990–1994: MD, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1998–2000: M.M.Sc., Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1998–2000: Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology and The Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre (The Clinical Investigator Training Program), Boston, Massachusetts
- 1997–2000: Children's Hospital: Dana Faber Cancer Institute: Harvard Medical School (Paediatric Haematology/Oncology), Boston, Massachusetts
- 1994–1997: Children's Hospital: Harvard Medical School (Paediatric Training Program), Boston, Massachusetts
- 2019: Richard Rowe Award - SickKids
- Minard-Colin V, Auperin A, Pillon M, Burke A, Barkaukas DA, Wheatley K, Delgado RF, Alexander S, Uyttebroeck A, Bollad CM, Zsiros J, Csoka M et al for the European Intergroup for Childhood Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and the Children’s Oncology Group. Rituximab for High-Risk, Mature B-Cell Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in Children. New England Journal of Medicine. 2020. June 4. 382:2207-2219
- Alexander S, Fisher BT, Gaur AH, Dvorak CC, Villa Luna D, Dang H, Chen L, Green M, Nieder ML, Fisher B, Bailey LC, Wiernikowski J, Sung L; Children’s Oncology Group. Effect of levofloxacin prophylaxis on bacteremia in children with acute leukemia or undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: A randomized clinical trial. JAMA 2018 Sep;320(10):995-1004.
- Alexander S, Greenberg M, Malkin D, Portwine C, Johnston D, Silva M, Zelcer S, Sonshine S, Manzo J, Bennett C, Brodeur-Robb K, Deveault C, Ramachandran N, Gibson P. Pediatric oncology clinical trial participation where the geography is vast: Development of a clinical research system for tertiary and satellite centers in Ontario, Canada. Pediatric Blood and Cancer. 2018 Apr;65(4):e26901.
- Alexander S, Pole JD, Gibson P, Lee M, Hesser T, Chi SN, Dvorak CC, Fisher B, Hasle H, Kanerva J, Möricke A, Phillips B, Raetz E, Rodriguez-Galindo C, Samarasinghe S, Schmiegelow K, Tissing W, Lehrnbecher T, Sung L. on behalf of the International Pediatric Oncology Mortality Classification (IPOMC) Group. Classification of treatment-related mortality in children with cancer: a systematic assessment. Lancet Oncology. 2015;16(16):e604-10.
- Alexander S, Science M, Breakey V, Clarke A, Gibson P. Recommendations for medical care in the pediatric oncology camp setting: Consensus statements based on Delphi methodology. Pediatric Blood Cancer. 2020 Mar;67(3): e28107. wileyonlinelibrary.com/journal/pbc