Dr. Niraj Mistry is currently a staff physician in the Division of Paediatric Medicine, Department of Paediatrics at (SickKids) and Assistant Professor in the Department of Paediatrics at the University of Toronto. He also practices at other hospitals in Toronto including St. Michael’s Hospital, Scarborough Health Network Centenary and Toronto Western Hospital.
Mistry received his undergraduate degree in Biology & Psychology at McMaster University, his medical degree at the University of Toronto, and his M.Sc. in eHealth (Health Informatics) from McMaster University. He trained in Paediatrics and Academic General Paediatrics at SickKids.
Clinically, Mistry practices hospital-based acute care paediatrics, general paediatrics and neonatology. He also practices outpatient general paediatrics with subspecialty care in pediatric bowel and bladder dysfunction including all types of pee and or poo problems (e.g., constipation, encopresis, daytime urinary incontinence, enuresis, dysfunctional voiding, recurrent lower urinary tract symptoms, recurrent urinary tract infections, etc.)
Academically, Mistry is interested in the user-centred design, development and implementation of innovative technologies to improve the application of the best available evidence at the point of care, to enhance care delivery and optimize the patient and family experience. These activities include the development of paper-based and electronic tools, apps and guides. He is also an award winning medical educator of all levels of medical trainees.
Mistry is a self-proclaimed technojunkie with a life-long addiction of technology, gadgets and apps. He is an angel investor and clinical advisor to early stage start-ups in the health technology space. He is also a co-founder and CEO of a medical device start-up company, VitaScope.
- 2003: Honours B.Sc., Biology & Psychology, McMaster University
- 2007: MD, University of Toronto
- 2011: FRCPC Pediatrics, University of Toronto
- 2013: M.Sc. eHealth (Health Informatics), McMaster University
- 2013: Academic General Pediatric Fellowship, SickKids, University of Toronto
- 2018–2019: Department of Paediatrics RHA Haslam Preclerkship Teaching Award, University of Toronto MD Program.
- 2017–2018: Teaching Excellence Award, University of Toronto MD Program