Dr. Sibbald completed her medical degree and dermatology residency training at the University of Toronto and a one-year fellowship in paediatric dermatology at the Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia.
Prior to medical school, she completed a pharmacy degree in Toronto and worked as a clinical pharmacist at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) for the solid organ transplant service. She has a M.Sc. in clinical epidemiology through the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
Sibbald’s research has combined her knowledge and skills in clinical epidemiology with several systematic reviews of comorbidities and treatments.
She has also published several case series focusing on treatments of different skin diseases, including treatment of drug eruptions and use of cyclosporine in atopic dermatitis.
Her current and future research project focus on the epidemiology, associations, and treatments for various alopecias, education interventions focused on dermatology, assessment of medication side effects, and long-term outcomes in atopic dermatitis and other conditions.
Education and experience
- 2018–2019: Fellowship, Pediatric Dermatology, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia/ University of Pennsylvania, PA, U.S.
- 2014–2019: M.Sc. Epidemiology, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, U.K.
- 2013–2018: Residency, Dept of Dermatology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2009–2013: Undergraduate degree in Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2008–2009: Clinical Pharmacist, Solid Organ Transplant Unit, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON
- 2018: PARO (Professional Association of Residents of Ontario) Resident Teaching Award
- 2018: Women’s Dermatologic Society Mentorship Award (Mentor Dr. Tina Alster)
- 2017: American Academy of Dermatology Cochrane Scholarship
- 2016: Canadian Professors of Dermatology Trainee Award for Oral Presentation
- Sibbald C, Putterman E, Micheletti R, Treat J, Castelo-Soccio L. Retrospective review of drug-induced SJS and TEN cases at a pediatric tertiary care institution. Pediatr Dermatol. 2020
- Sibbald C. Dupilumab in adolescent atopic dermatitis: interpreting the data. Br J Dermatol. 2019 Nov 25
- Naidoo A, Sibbald C, Fleming PJ, Piguet V. Use of Biologics in Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris Refractory to First-Line Systemic Therapy: A Systematic Review. J Cutan Med Surg. 2019 Nov 6
- Ighani A, Partridge ACR, Shear NH, Lynde C, Gulliver WP, Sibbald C, Fleming P. Comparison of Management Guidelines for Moderate-to-Severe Plaque Psoriasis: A Review of Phototherapy, Systemic Therapies, and Biologic Agents. J Cutan Med Surg. 2019 Mar/Apr;23(2):204-221.
- Sibbald C, Drucker AM. Patient burden of Atopic Dermatitis. Dermatol Clin. 2017 Jul;35(3):303-316.