- 555 University Avenue, Burton Wing, 6th Floor
- Monday to Friday, 8 a.m.- 4 p.m. Closed Saturday and Sunday and all Statutory Holidays.
About the Clinic
Audiologists at SickKids are responsible for the assessment of auditory function and the treatment and prevention of auditory dysfunction in children ages 0-18 years. Our audiologists also provide education and counseling for children experiencing hearing difficulties and associated problems.
We prescribe and fit hearing aids and other assistive listening devices on children from birth to 18 years. Our clinic does not dispense or sell hearing aids.
The clinic is designated by the Ministry of Health as a screening, diagnostic and rehabilitation centre for the Provincial Infant Hearing/Blind Low Vision Program.
The Audiology Clinic is part of the Department of Communication Disorders. We work very closely with several other departments within the hospital and in our community to provide our service, including:
- Cochlear Implant Program
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Ontario Preschool Speech and Language Services
Our Audiologists must be regulated members of the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologist in Ontario (CASLPO) and our Audiometric Technicians are members of Communicative Disorders Assistants Association of Canada.
The referral process:
- All patients require a referral to visit our clinic.
- If you are a health-care professional, log in to eCHN to submit your referral. From your eCHN account, you will be seamlessly connected to SickKids e-referral platform, EpicCare Link.
- Learn more about our referral process, including urgent referrals.
The Audiology Clinic within the Department of Communication Disorders is located on the 6th Floor of the Burton Wing at SickKids.
Registration for the Audiology Clinic occurs at the desk outside room 6144 and 6145.
Coming to a clinic appointment
It's important to come prepared and be on time for a clinic appointment. Visit Coming for Clinic Appointments to read appointment guidelines that are applicable for most clinical appointments at SickKids.
You’ll find information on how to prepare and what to bring, what to do if you/your child are sick before your appointment or you need to cancel, and important things to know about the SickKids philosophy.