Eating Disorders Program
- 555 University Avenue, Room 7424, Black Wing
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (except for holidays)
About the Clinic
The Eating Disorders Program at SickKids diagnoses and treats children and adolescents with a range of eating disorders. We are the primary treatment site for the central Toronto area and are a specialty centre for the province of Ontario. Our program has an interdisciplinary approach to treatment, meaning care is provided by a wide variety of health care specialists. We believe family involvement is crucial for eating disorder recover.
Who we see
- Ages 8 to 18 (new referrals accepted up to 17 years, 3 months).
- Males and Females.
- Those struggling to eat enough to stay healthy, with concerns about their body weight or shape, or with unhealthy behaviors related to weight control.
- We do not see young people with lifelong stable picky eating or pica/rumination issues exclusively. We do not treat young people with obesity due to binge eating.
- All patients require a referral to visit our clinic.
- If you are a health-care professional, log in to eCHN to submit your referral. From your eCHN account, you will be seamlessly connected to SickKids e-referral platform, EpicCare Link.
- Learn more about our referral process.
- For urgent referrals only (same day referrals), contact eCHN’s Helpdesk directly at: 416-813-7998 or 1-877-252-9900, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. On weekends and after 6 p.m. on weekdays, please contact the Fellow on call via SickKids Locating at 416-813-1500.
Coming to a clinic appointment
It's important to come prepared and be on time for a clinic appointment. Visit Coming for Clinic Appointments to read appointment guidelines that are applicable for most clinical appointments at SickKids.
You’ll find information on how to prepare and what to bring, what to do if you/your child are sick before your appointment or you need to cancel, and important things to know about the SickKids philosophy.