Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia Clinic
About the Clinic
We provide a specialized multidisciplinary clinic for paediatric patients with primary ciliary dyskinesia.
The following patients should be referred to this clinic:
- Children up to 18 years of age with established PCD
- Children with suspected PCD suggested by the following findings:
- Dextrocardia with respiratory symptoms
- Triad of chronic ear infections, sinusitis and lower airways disease
- Bronchiectasis of unknown etiology
- Chronic draining ears with chronic lower respiratory tract symptoms
- Unexplained neonatal respiratory syndrome (eg. collapsed lung, pneumonia, wet lung) in the term newborn with subsequent ear, sinus and/or lung problems
- Respiratory symptoms and sibling with PCD
How to make a referral
- All patients require a referral to visit our clinic.
- If you are a health-care professional, log in to eCHN to submit your referral. From your eCHN account, you will be seamlessly connected to SickKids e-referral platform, EpicCare Link.
- Learn more about our referral process.
- For urgent referrals only (same day referrals), contact eCHN’s Helpdesk directly 416-813-7998 or 1-877-252-9900, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. On weekends and after 6 p.m. on weekdays, please contact the Fellow on call via SickKids Locating at 416-813-1500.
Coming to a clinic appointment
It's important to come prepared and be on time for a clinic appointment. Visit Coming for Clinic Appointments to read appointment guidelines that are applicable for most clinical appointments at SickKids.
You’ll find information on how to prepare and what to bring, what to do if you/your child are sick before your appointment or you need to cancel, and important things to know about the SickKids philosophy.