Fecal Elastase, stool
- Store and transport frozen.
- Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.
- collect/store/transport in clean urine collection container.
- do not send in fecal fat collection containers
- do not send in containers with transport media
Early detection and management of pancreatic insufficiency is essential to optimize health outcomes in patients with known or suspected exocrine pancreatic dysfunction such as cystic fibrosis. The gold standard measures for assessment of pancreatic function are direct pancreatic stimulation tests, which have numerous limitations. Estimation of fecal elastase-1 levels to determine pancreatic function is an attractive alternative and provides useful clinical information.
Browse tests by laboratory
Toll Free: 1-855-381-3212